Looking to make your Mom’s Mother’s Day special this year? How about cooking breakfast for her? Here are some simple recipes courtesy of our Executive Chef Mary Beth, for a spinach and sausage frittata and roasted banana muffins. Your mother, wife, or other special lady in your life will surely appreciate the effort and the amazing food.
Watch Chef Mary Beth prepare the breakfast with her daughter and then enjoy the recipe yourself. Happy Mother’s Day!
Ava’s Spinach and Sausage Frittata
• 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves (stems removed)
• 1 medium fresh red pepper – diced
• 1 cup cooked turkey sausage crumbles
• 10 large eggs
• 1/2 cup half and half
• 1 cup shredded cheese (gruyere, cheddar, parmesan)
• 2 tablespoons minced chives
• ¼ teaspoon black pepper
• Dash of cayenne pepper
1. Use cooking spray to coat a 9-inch round glass baking/ casserole dish.
2. Tear spinach leave into bite size pieces and place in baking dish to evenly cover the bottom. Top with diced red pepper, turkey sausage, and shredded cheese.
3. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, chives, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture into the baking dish. Thoroughly cover veggies, sausage and cheese.
5. Place the baking dish on the steam oven rack. Steam on Custom or Cook mode at 212 ° F. until, eggs are puffed and set, about 8 minutes. Add more time if necessary.
6. Let set for 5 minutes, cut into wedges and serve.
Roasted Banana Muffins
Cook Time: 23-25 min.
1/2 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of white sugar
3 overripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups of white flour
3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp clove
Preheat MIELE CONVECTION OVEN to 350 degrees then coat a muffin pan with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with tin foil.
Place over ripe bananas on the baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, roasted bananas, and vanilla then continue beating until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove together, mix well. Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until just combined.
Fill muffin pans 2/3 full with batter (approximately 2 Tablespoons)
Place into the oven and bake 20-23 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the muffins cool on a rack.